More is Possible
Introducing the all-new CLUTCH, the latest evolution in rescue and rope access hardware that enables the technical rope professional to do more with less. This multi-purpose device was designed and engineered in collaboration by two companies with a collective 90 year history in rope management under heavy loads: CMC, a company with roots in rescue and rope access, and Harken Industrial, a manufacturing company with roots in high performance sailing.
Suited to a multitude of rigging operations, the CLUTCH delivers efficient operation, ease of use, and optimal control. It moves seamlessly between anchor-based systems and personal use, offering unmatched versatility for the rope technician. With the CLUTCH, more is possible.
- Single wearable tool for efficient hauling, controlled lowering, smooth personal descent, easy ascending, belaying, and Twin Tension Rope Systems.
- Delivers up to 38% higher efficiency in hauling and ascending than a cam-style device: reducing changeovers.
- Moves seamlessly between anchor-based systems and personal use: reducing gear cache volume and weight.
- Combines the key features of personal descenders and load management devices: reducing equipment training and cost.
- Instantly transitions between hauling and lowering or ascent and descent without having to transfer the load.
- Allows main and belay lines to be mirrored, twin-tensioned, or nested in Double CLUTCH technique (handles controlled by single operator).
- Replaces 8 pieces of traditional equipment: pulley, rescue rack, anchor plate, load release strap, prusik cord, and 3 carabiners.
- The 11 mm CLUTCH and CMC’s G11™ Lifeline can be used together to build NFPA G-Rated systems using 11mm rope, saving space and reducing weight.
- The 11 mm CLUTCH is compatible with 10.5 – 11 mm rope and certified to NFPA 1983 General Use, ANSI, and EN standards. It’s the only device for 10.5 – 11 mm rope that carries all these certifications.
- The 13 mm CLUTCH is compatible with 12.5 – 13 mm rope and certified to NFPA 1983 General Use and ANSI standards.
- Patented. Made in the USA.
- Stainless steel ratcheting and rotating sheave provides efficient and audible auto-locking progress capture.
- Rope loading/unloading is secured with an innovative double-latched side plate that is independent of the device‘s attachment point.
- Anti-Panic brake and force limiting features ensure operational safety and overload protection.
- Machined aluminum chassis clad with stainless steel wear guards ensures light weight and durability.
- Integrated becket allows for the direct connection of mechanical advantage components.
- Control handle has large sweet spot for smooth, progressive lowering and descent control.
- Included screw can be installed in the side plate to create closed rope systems for rapid deployment.
- 13 mm Red CLUTCH:
- NFPA 1983 (2017 ED)
- GENERAL USE (G) MBS 40kN (8,992 Ibf) PULLEY
- GENERAL USE (G), DESCENT CONTROL, ø 12.5 – 13 mm
- GENERAL USE (G), BELAY DEVICE, ø 12.5 – 13 mm
- NFPA 1983 (2017 ED)
|Option||Item||COLOR||ROPE SIZE||DIMENSIONS||WEIGHT||MAX LOAD||3 SIGMA MBS||CERTIFICATIONS||Price|
|13 mm Red CLUTCH||335013||RED||12.5 – 13 MM (1/2 IN)||208 X 112 X 47 MM (8.2 X 4.4 X 1.9 IN)||816 G (1.80 LB)||UP TO 272 KG (600 LB)||PULLEY: 40 KN (8,992 LBF) / BECKET: 22 KN (4,946 LBF)||NFPA (G); ANSI/ASSE||$649|