The Petzl ASAP-LOCK is a self-trailing, mobile fall arrester that can be locked during ascent and work positioning, so as to avoid the device settling down the rope, or to have rope pulled through the device by strong winds. The ASAP-LOCK also features a semi-permanent connection point which can be locked down by use of an allen wrench.
The ASAP-LOCK trails hands free up and down the rope, rolling along on a toothed, rolling cam. When a fall occurs, the device auto-arrests the fall by pinching the rope between the cam and the rope channel. The teeth on the cam ensure good grip on the rope and all times. The cam can also be swung down for easy installation at any point on the rope. The ASAP-LOCK is approved for both single and two person loads.
Constant fall protection:
– arrests falls, slides, and uncontrolled descents
– works on vertical or angled rope
– locks on the rope even if grabbed during the fall
Integrated locking function allows the user to immobilize the device in order to reduce the length of a fall.
In case of a strong wind, this function also prevents the rope from being blown upward.
Simple to use, and effective:
– moves up or down the rope, without any manual manipulation of the device
– easy to install and remove at any point on the rope
– connection arm makes the system loss-resistant when passing intermediate anchors
– it can be used with an energy absorber to work at a distance from the rope: the ASAP’SORBER (European or international version) or ASAP’SORBER AXESS allows uses of up to 250 kg in two-person rescue situations
Material(s): aluminum, stainless steel, nylon
Weight: 425 g
Certification(s): ANSI Z359.15 when used with an ASAP’SORBER (international version) or ASAP’SORBER AXESS energy absorber, an OXAN TRIACT-LOCK (international version) carabiner, CAPTIV positioning bars, and a RAY 12 mm rope with a sewn termination
Certification(s): CE EN 12841 type A when used with an ASAP’SORBER (European or international version) or ASAP’SORBER AXESS energy absorber, and an EN 1891 type A 10 to 13 mm rope
Certification(s): CE EN 353-2 when used with an ASAP’SORBER (European or international version) energy absorber and an AXIS 11 mm or PARALLEL 10.5 mm rope with a sewn termination
Certification(s): EAC when used with an ASAP’SORBER (European version) or ASAP’SORBER AXESS energy absorber, and an EN 1891 type A 10 to 13 mm rope