The Petzl ASAP Kit is a simple mobile fall arrester appropriate for use on sloped roofs, in swing stages, on ladders, and on vertical structures. The kits are pre-assembled and ready-to-use personal fall arrest systems that meet OHSA fall protection regulations and the ANSI Z359.15 Safety Requirements for Single Anchor Lifelines and Fall Arresters standard when used with RAY 11 lifelines. Each kit comes with a mobile fall arrester, energy absorber, and connector(s).
Installed on a lifeline, these mobile fall arresters follow the user as they move, whether on an inclined or vertical surface. In case of a shock load or sudden acceleration, they lock onto the lifeline and stop the worker, even if grabbed during the fall.
RAY 11 lifelines are required for compliance with ANSI Z359.15. (Sold Separately) Click here for the PETZL RAY 11 LIFE LINE ROPE
- (1) ASAP Mobile Rope Grab (B070AA00)
- (1) ASAP’SORBER
- (2) Bm’D Asymmetrical Aluminum Carabiner (M032AA00)
- (2) CAPTIV Positioning Bar (M093BA00)
MOBILE FALL ARRESTERS |
• The ASAP is a simple mobile fall arrester appropriate for use on sloped roofs, in swing stages, on
ladders and on vertical structures.
ENERGY ABSORBERS | TWO Options
• The ASAP’SORBER energy absorbers may only be used with an ASAP or ASAP LOCK mobile fall
arrester. They allow the user to work at a distance from the rope, in order to protect it during certain
work phases. Equipped with tear-webbing inside a pouch that opens on each end, the absorbers are
protected from abrasion, while allowing for regular inspection.
There are three energy absorbers available:
• ASAP’SORBER 20 provides a reduced fall distance and thus requires less clearance, designed for
users up to 285 lbs.
• ASAP’SORBER 40 allows the worker to be positioned at a greater distance from the lifeline, designed
for users up to 285 lbs.
• The Bm’D is a lightweight asymmetrical carabiner made of aluminum. It is a D-shape connector with
a TRIACT-LOCK automatic locking system. The sleeve is reinforced for greater front and lateral gate
• The CAPTIV positioning bar promotes loading of the carabiner on the major axis and limits the risk of
rotation and keeps it well integrated with an ASAP’SORBER.
LIFELINES | Sold Separately
• The RAY 11 is a static 11 mm kernmantle rope designed for use with the ASAP and ASAP LOCK and
meets ANSI lifeline requirements with or without sewn terminations. It is available in white in 25, 50,
75, 100 and 200 ft lengths with one sewn termination at one end. It is also available in 150, 200, 600
and 1,200 ft lengths with no terminations in white, yellow, blue and black.