The MPD’s high-efficiency pulley, with an integral rope-grab mechanism, allows it to be used as a lowering device on the main line and belay line systems and be quickly changed over to a raising system without switching out or replacing hardware. The combination of essential features into a single device simplifies on-scene rigging, expediting the rescue. The revolutionary MPD increases user safety with:
- Reduced Weight
- Fewer Components
- Faster Rigging
- Quick Changeovers
- Simplified Training
- Lower Risk
The MPD is UL Classified as a Pulley, Descent Control, and Belay device.
- Variable-friction descent control device for rescue systems and rappels
- Incorporates a high efficiency pulley with an integral rope-locking mechanism (ratchet) for a haul system
- Built-in becket allows cleaner rigging and more efficient pulley systems
- Allows main line and belay line rigging to be mirrored or twin-tensioned
- Functions as both a lowering brake and as a ratcheting pulley for raising
- Ideal for confined space operations because it converts rapidly to a retrieval line
The MPD includes a protective Cordura® nylon storage bag and MPD User’s Manual.
*13 mm version designed for use with 12.5 – 13 mm rope. Rope used for certification rounded up to 13 mm per NFPA 1983. The 11 mm model is designed for and tested with 11 mm rope. 11 mm model UL rated “T” Technical Use for descent control.
The MPD CE certified model is also available for purchase.
|Option||Item||WEIGHT||ROPE SIZE||COLOR||NFPA RATING (PULLEY, BELAY)||NFPA RATING (DESCENT CONTROL)||3 SIGMA MBS PULLEY|
|11 mm Model||333010||1.2 KG (2.6 LB)||11 MM (7/16 IN)||SLATE BLUE||GENERAL USE||TECHNICAL USE||49 KN (11,015 LBF)|
|13 mm Model||333000||1.2 KG (2.6 LB)||13 MM (1/2 IN)||RED||GENERAL USE||GENERAL USE||49 KN (11,015 LBF)|